Over 80 prospects from the classes of 2011, 2012 & 2013 filled the RBI facility on New Year’s Eve to take part in a clinic/showcase that featured a professional and collegiate staff. Players took part in instructional drills with professional scouts and college coaches while receiving individual feedback on their performance. Each player, depending on position, showcased their skills in a variety of measured drills including:
60 yard dash
Catcher pop times
Infield cross-diamond arm strength
Outfield arm strength
Coaches in attendance included: Ray Fagnant, Boston Red Sox ~ Jim Bretz, San Diego Padres ~ Brian Nichols, Seattle Mariners ~ Jared Barnes, Milwaukee Brewers ~ Art Pantarelli, New York Mets ~ Edwin Thompson, Duke University ~ Kristaps Aldins, Harvard University ~ Jeff Kane, Holy Cross ~ Jeff Vigurs, Northeastern ~ Mike Gedman, Bryant University ~ Idris Liasu, University of Rhode Island ~ Jad Prachniak, College of William & Mary ~ Pat Boen, Stonehill College ~ Coley Lyons, Stonehill College ~ Jay King, Franklin Pierce University ~ Mike Hill, Bentley University ~ Ray Ricker, Post University ~ Dirk Baker, Worcester State University ~ Joe Teixeira, Nichols College ~ Anthony Lauretto, Newbury College ~ Travis Turgeon, Washington College (MD) ~ Josh White, Curry College ~ Greg Harjula, LaSell College ~ Evan Ruddock, New England College ~ Nick Marsh, American International College (AIC) ~ Matt Moyen, Wentworth Institute of Technology
Here are the Top 5 Performances in each showcase drill:
60-YARD DASH SPEED
1. Reed Turgeon, Franklin High School – 6.44 sec.
2. Kyle Jackson, Cumberland (RI) High School – 6.66 sec.
3. Hunter Granville, The Bromfield School – 6.72 sec.
4. Sean Goldman, Whitman-Hanson High School – 6.84 sec.
5. Paul DiMascio, Bishop Feehan High School – 6.87 sec.
CATCHER POP TIMES
1. Victor Duran, Riverside High School – 1.81 sec.
2. Bryan Rocha, Dighton-Rehoboth High School – 1.84 sec.
3. Brandon Hoyle, Bridgewater-Raynham High School – 1.91 sec.
4. Reed Turgeon, Franklin High School – 2.04 sec.
5. Alex Person, Xaverian Brothers High School – 2.05 sec.
INFIELD X-DIAMOND ARM STRENGTH
1. Austin DeCarr, Xaverian Brothers High School – 85 MPH
2. Jordan Picini, North Attleboro High School – 79 MPH
T3. Skip Flanagan, Bishop Feehan High School & Andrew Bukuras, Mansfield High School – 78 MPH
4. Matt Paola, Pomperaug High School (CT) – 77 MPH
OUTFIELD ARM STRENGTH TEST:
T1. Kyle Jackson, Cumberland (RI) High School & Vincent Nardone, Weston High School – 78 MPH
T2. Hunter Granville, The Bromfield School & Zach Littman, Abington High School – 76 MPH
3. Troy Richardson, North Attleboro High School – 76 MPH
PITCHER’S TOP VELOCITIES
1. Austin DeCarr, Xaverian Brothers HS – 86 MPH
T2. John Nicklas, St. Sebastian’s & Charlie Butler, Nashoba Regional HS- 85 MPH
T3. Jordan Picini, North Attleboro HS, Brian Crafton, King Philip Regional HS & Cato Lacroix, Holliston HS – 84 MPH
1. Troy Richardson, North Attleboro HS – 84 MPH
2. Ben Bowden, Lynn English HS – 82 MPH
3. Skip Flanagan, Bishop Feehan HS – 81 MPH
4. Zach Perry, Tabor Academy – 78 MPH
5. David Silletti, King Philip Regional HS – 76 MPH